1
英语口译训练教程
1.5.5 五、补充句式

五、补充句式

补充句式主要分为三类:否定句型、面试与求职用语以及日常交流用语。

1.否定句型

There is not a moment to be lost:分秒必争。

There is no holding back the wheel of history:历史车轮不可阻挡。

I felt sorry for not coming in time:我很抱歉没准时到。

I don't think it is right to make such a hasty decision:我认为如此仓促地做决定是不正确的。

Allmy plans came to nothing:我的所有计划都没实现。

I shall never do it,not under any circumstances:在任何情况下,我都不会做那种事的。

I could not assent to;much less participate in such proceedings:我对这种行为不能赞同,哪里还说得上参加。

I never thoughtof it,letalone did I do it:我想都没想到它,更谈不上去做了。

Little remains to be said:简直没什么可说的了。

I could not help showing my pleasure:我不禁喜形于色。

I cannot but admire her beauty:我不得不赞美她的美貌。

2.面试与求职用语

I amjust calling to see if you havemade any decision concerning the position:我打电话只是想问一下你们已经决定这个职位的人选了吗?

We haven'tmade any decision yet:我们还没有做任何决定。

Do you have any idea/knowwhen you might arrive at a decision?你知道你们什么时候会做出决定吗?

I amsorry but I just accepted another offer that I feel is more suitable to my needs/more right for me/more interesting to me:很抱歉,我刚接受了一个我认为更符合我需要的/更适合我的/更感兴趣的工作。

I really appreciate your offer,but I must decline it:非常感谢贵公司的录用,但我不得不拒绝这份工作。

I really think that position suitsmy education background better:我真的觉得那个职位更适合我的教育背景。

I don'twant to accept a position that I don't think I will be happy in/offersme too little salary/can't supply me with an apartment:我不想接受一份我觉得不会让我快乐的/一份薪水太少的/不能为我提供住房的工作。

I will receive a bachelor's degree:我将获得学士学位。

How about your academic records at college:你大学的成绩如何?

My specialization at the university is just in line with the areas your institute deals with:我在大学所学的专业和你们研究所涉及的范围刚好对口。

I was one of the top students in the class:我是班里最优秀的学生之一。

3.日常交流用语

AmI allowed to introduce our newmanager Mr.Anderson to all of you:请允许

我把我们的新经理安德森先生介绍给大家,好吗?

As a matter of fact,I don't agree with you:实际上,我不大同意你的看法。

As far as I'mconcerned,I think we should pay more attention to the safety of schoolchildren:就我而言,我认为我们应该更关注在校儿童的安全问题。

As far as I know,he is not coming,but Imay be wrong:据我所知,他不打算来,但我或许会弄错。

As I just mentioned,nobody should drop out of school unless they believe they face the opportunity of a lifetime.And even then they should reconsider:正如我刚才提到过的,任何人都不应该辍学,除非他们相信他们面临着一生中难得的机会,尽管那样,他们还需重新考虑。

As I see it,he is not the right person for this position:在我看来,他不是这个职位的合适人选。

As is known to us all...:众所周知……

As is known to us all,Hong Kong is one of the financial centers of Asia:众所周知,香港是亚洲金融中心之一。

As long as we work together,we can make the impossible possible:只要我们一起努力,我们就能把不可能变为可能。

But for your generous help,we couldn't have finished the work so soon:如果没有你的鼎力相助,我们是不可能这么快完成工作的。

Could you do me a favor and...?:能否请您帮我一个忙……?

Could you do me a favor and give this present to Hilary for her birthday?能否请您帮我一个忙,把这份生日礼物交给希拉里?

Do you happen to knowhow I can get to that bookstore?你知道怎么去那个书店吗?