1
英语口译训练教程
1.4.5 五、补充句式

五、补充句式

补充句式分为三类:会议与宴会用语、会面与寒暄用语以及日程与会议安排用语。

1.会议与宴会用语

女士们、先生们,晚上好,音乐会/演出很快就要开始了,请尽快就坐,谢谢:Ladies and gentlemen,good evening.The concert/show would start soon.Please get yourself seated.Thank you.

招待会现在开始:The reception will now begin.

为……举行宴会/宴请:host a dinner/banquet/luncheon in honor of...

您的位置在这里:Here is your seat.

请入席:Please have a seat.

欢聚一堂:enjoy this happy get-together

请随便:Please make yourself at home./Please enjoy yourself.

请各位随意用餐:Help yourselves please.

您喝点什么?What would you like to drink?

现在我提议,为了……和……之间的合作,为了……参议员的健康,干杯: At this point,I propose a toast:to the cooperation between...and...to the health of Senator...cheers!

最后,我借主人的酒,提议为……干杯:Lastly,taking up this glass of fine wine,I propose a toast to...

请各位举杯并同我一起为所有在座的朋友们的健康干杯:I'd ask you to raise your glass and join me in a toast to the health of all our friends present here.

祝您健康:To your health.

我要为此干杯:I'll drink to that!

2.会面与寒暄用语

久仰:I've heard so much about you.

辛苦了:You've had a long day./You've had a long flight.

尊敬的朋友们:distinguished/honorable/respected friends

我代表北京市政府欢迎各位朋友访问北京:On behalf of the Beijing Municipal government,I wish to extend our warmwelcome to the friends who have come to visit Beijing.

对您的大力协助,我谨代表北京市政府表示衷心的感谢:On behalf of the Beijing Municipal Government,I wish to express our heartfelt thanks to you foryour gracious assistance.

在上海过得怎么样?How are you making out in Shanghai?

请留步,不用送了:I will see myself out,please.

我一定向他转达您的问候和邀请:I'll surely remember you and your invitation to him.

欢迎美商来北京投资:American businessmen are welcome to make investment in Beijing.

欢迎多提宝贵意见:Your valuable advice ismost welcome.

祝您工作顺利,事业成功,身体健康,家庭幸福:Wish you the very best of luck in your job,every success in your future endeavors,good health and a happy family!

不虚此行:It's a rewarding trip.

您的日程很紧,我们的会见是否就到此为止:As you have a tight schedule,I will not take up more of your time.

请代我问候……先生:Please remember me to Mr...

感谢光临:Thank you so much for coming.

欢迎再来:Hope you'll come again.

欢迎以后多来中国:Hope you'll visit China more often.

多保重:Take care.

祝您一路平安:Have a nice trip.

愿为您效劳:At your service.

我失陪一会儿:Excuse me for a minute.

3.日程与会议安排用语

如果你们感到方便的话,我想现在讨论一下日程安排的问题:It's just the matter of the schedule,that is,if it is convenient of you right now.

我认为现在可以先草拟一个临时方案:I think we can drawup a tentative plan now.

如果他有什么意见的话,我们还可以对计划稍加修改:If he wants to make any changes,minor alternations can be made then.

我们是否能保证有充足的时间来交谈?Is there any way of ensuring we'll have enough time for our talks?

那么我们的活动在晚上也安排满了吗?So our evenings will be quite full then?

这样双方都能了解全面的情况:That'll put us both in the picture.

我还不能马上说定:I can't say for certain off-hand.

这样就容易进行实质性的谈判了:It'll be easier for us to get down to facts then.

你们不愿意在这里多待一两天吗?But wouldn't you like to spend an extra day or two here?

我们已经很顺利地把活动日程安排好了:We've arranged our schedule without any trouble.

这是我们为您和您的朋友拟定的活动日程安排。请过目一下,好吗?Here is a copy of itinerary we have worked out for you and your friends.Would you please have a look at it?