Unit4 At Guangzhou Fair 在广交会上
Part I.Sample Dialogue
In this conversation,Jack and Zhang Mei meet at the Guangzhou Fair.Jack expresses his interests in Zhang's Machinery,and then Zhang offers a show around the exhibition hall of her company.You should know how to greet a visitor at the fair,and how to talk with him/her about your company and your product.在此对话中,杰克和张梅在广交会上相遇,杰克表示对张梅公司的机械十分感兴趣,张梅随即邀请杰克参观其展厅。你应该学会如何在广交会上招呼客户,并和他/她谈你的公司和产品。
A—Jack B—Zhang Mei
A How do you do?I am from the Pacific Machinery Company.My name is Jack.I've got your name and address from the Commercial Counselor's Office of the Chinese Embassy in Rome.
您好,我是太平洋机械公司的,叫杰克。我是从中国驻罗马大使馆商务处了解到您的名字和地址的!
B How do you do,Mr.Jack?I'm Zhang Mei.Pleased to meet you.Here is my card.Take a seat,please.
您好!杰克先生。我叫张梅。见到您很高兴!这是我的名片。请坐!
A Thanks,Miss Zhang.Well,to come to the point,I'll give you an idea of what business I want to take up with you.
谢谢!张小姐。好吧,言归正传,我想来告诉您一个可以和贵公司成交生意的构想。
B Now,please go into detail.
愿闻其详。
A Our specialty back in Italy is wholesale supplying of screws,bolts,nuts,pins,studs and that sort of things.
我们在意大利是专营批发的,供应的项目有螺丝、螺栓、螺帽、别针、饰针等诸如此类的东西。
B Wood or mental ones?
是木制的还是金属制的?
A Both.Now,do you make machines for producing such things?
两种都有,你们有生产此类东西的机器吗?
B Yes.We make automatic,semiautomatic and manual ones.
有的,有自动式、半自动式和手工式的。
A Well,we want automatic ones.Where can I see some of your machines so that I can get a better idea of what you supply?
我们要自动式,我在哪儿能参观到贵公司的机器呢?
B We have an exhibition hall not far away from here.Are you free now,Mr.Jack?
离这不远的地方我们有一个展厅,杰克先生,您现在有空吗?
A Yes,quite free until noon.
有空,中午以前都有空。
B Good.Then,shall we go right away?I have a car outside.
那好!我们马上去,好吗?我有辆车子在外面。
A That's splendid.Just let me get my things together.I won't keep you long.
那太好了!让我整理一下东西,不会让您久等的。
B Take your time,Mr.Jack.No hurry.
请便!杰克先生,不用着急。
Part II.Useful Sentences常用句子
1.But wouldn't you like to spend an extra day or two here in the Guangzhou Fair?
你们不愿意在广交会多待一两天吗?
2.We've arranged our schedule without any trouble.
我们已经很顺利地把活动日程安排好了。
3.I wonder if it is possible to arrange shopping for us.
我想能否为我们安排一点时间购物。
4.We really hope you'll have a pleasant stay here.
我们真诚地希望你们在这里过得愉快。
5.May I know the purpose of holding such an exhibition?
我可以知道这次展会的目的吗?
6.You'll know our products better after this visit.
参观后您会对我们的产品有更深的了解。
7.We are thinking of expanding into the Chinese market.
我们想把生意扩大到中国市场。
8.Though the floor space of the exhibitions is somewhat smaller than the original plan,yet the quality of the present Expo is higher than the previous ones.
尽管这次展会的面积比原计划小了,但是质量却比以前的高。
9.You may be interested in some of the items.
您也许对某些产品感兴趣。
10.Expo is an excellent opportunity to show a country to the world.
展会是向世界展示一个国家的很好的机会。
11.Could I have your latest catalogues or something that tells me about your company?
可以给我一些贵公司最近的商品价格目录表或者一些有关说明资料吗?
12.I've come to make sure that your stay in Beijing is a pleasant one.
我特地为你们安排使你们在北京的逗留愉快。
13.It's just the matter of the schedule,that is,if it is convenient for you right now.
如果你们感到方便的话,我想现在讨论一下日程安排的问题。
14.If he wants to make any changes,minor alternations can be made then.
如果他有什么意见的话,我们还可以对计划稍加修改。
15.Is there any way of ensuring we'll have enough time for our talks?
我们是否能保证有充足的时间来谈判?
16.We'll leave some evenings free,that is,if it is all right with you.
如果你们愿意的话,我们想留几个晚上供你们自由支配。
17.We'd have to compare notes on what we've discussed during the day.
我们想用点时间来研究讨论一下白天谈判的情况。
18.That'll put us both in the picture.
这样双方都能了解全面的情况。
19.I can't say for certain off-hand.
我还不能马上说定。
20.Better have something we can get our hands on rather than just spend all our time talking.
有些实际材料拿到手总比坐着闲聊强。
21.It'll be easier for us to get down to facts then.
这样就容易进行实质性的谈判了。
22.I'm afraid that won't be possible,much as we'd like to.
尽管我们很想这样做,但恐怕不行了。
23.We've got to report back to the head office.
我们还要回去向总部汇报情况呢。
24.Thank you for your cooperation.
谢谢你们的合作。
25.Here is a copy of itinerary we have worked out for you and your friends.Would you please have a look at it?
这是我们为您和您的朋友拟定的活动日程安排。请过目一下,好吗?
26.If you have any questions on the details,feel free to ask.
如果对某些细节有意见的话,请提出来。
27.I can see you have put a lot of time into it.
我相信您在制定这个计划上一定花了不少精力吧。
28.We really hope you'll have a pleasant stay here.
我们真诚地希望你们在这里过得愉快。
Part III.New Words and Expressions单词和短语
Guangzhou Fair广交会
Pacific Machinery Company太平洋机械公司
Commercial Counselor's Office商务处
Chinese Embassy in Rome中国驻罗马大使馆
take a seat请坐
to come to the point言归正传
take up a business with与……做生意
to go into detail详细阐述
specialty专营
wholesale批发
screw螺丝
bolt螺栓
nut螺帽
pin别针
stud饰针
that sort of things诸如此类的东西
automatic自动式
semiautomatic半自动式
manual手工式
exhibition hall展厅
splendid太好了
keep sb.long让某人久等
take one's time不急,慢慢来
extra额外的
schedule安排
floor space占地面积
catalogue商品目录
minor次要的,不重要的
alternation修改
ensure确保
compare notes讨论,商量
off-hand马上
get down to进行
head office总部
itinerary日程安排
Part IV.Compose a conversation based on the following situation.情景对话
You are the sales representative of ABC Company.Now you are at the Guangzhou Fair.Your booth is approached by a businessman,Mr.Smith from Canada.You are supposed to introduce something about your company and your product.At the end,you two agree on a future visit to your company.