1
商务英语900句
1.3.3 Unit3 Credit Investigation 信用查询

Unit3 Credit Investigation 信用查询

Part I.Sample Dialogue示范对话

In the following two conversations,A and B talk about credit.In the first conversation,A wantes B to investigate the credit of the third party.In the second conversation,B wantes A to issue a banker's reference for B's company.You should know how to obtain the information on financial standing of the third party and how to open a banker's reference for yourself.

在接下来的两个对话当中,A和B就资信情况进行对话。在第一个对话中,A希望B调查第三方公司资信情况。在第二个对话中,B希望A为自己公司开资信证明。你应当了解如何获取第三方公司资信情况以及如何为自己公司开资信证明。

(1)

A—Mr.Johnson B—Miss Wang

A Good morning,Miss Wang.

早上好,王小姐。

B Good morning,Mr.Johnson.Anything I can do for you?

早上好,约翰逊先生。有什么事吗?

A Yes.We have got a new American customer in a big transaction now and are planning to sign a contract at the end of the month.So we'd like to know more about that company.

是的。我们要与一个新的美国客户合作一个大项目,并打算月底跟他们签合同,因而希望能对他们的资信状况有所了解。

B No problem,I'm sure we can help you.As one of the leading banks we have branches in most countries.We also can ask our correspondent banks or agent banks for help.But I have to make it clear that any information we may give you should be treated as strictly confidential and without any responsibility on us.

没问题,我肯定我们能帮你的忙。我行作为世界知名银行之一,在世界主要国家设有分行,我们也可以请我们的业务往来行或代理行帮忙。但是有一点我要说明一下,我们提供的任何信息都应该严格保密,而且我们不负任何责任。

A I understand.Don't worry about that.

我明白。这一点不用担心。

B Then you need to complete a certificate of entrustment and sign it.Here it is.Then we send it to our branch office or agent,they will do as you request,then send the report back.We will pass the report to you as soon as we get it.

那么您需要填一张委托书并签字。在这儿。我们会将信息发往我们的分行或代办处,他们将按您的要求开展工作,然后将报告发回来。我们一收到报告将尽快转给您。

A But could you tell me how to fill this out,please?

请问该如何填呢?

B OK.Here is the name of the principal.That is,you put the name of your company here together with your address,telephone number and the name of the liaison person.Then here please give us information about the company being investigated including its name,address,the name of its bank and it's A/C number.Besides,here you should specify which mode of payment you'd like to use,say,by cash or by check?You know,for this service,you have to be charged.

好的。这儿是委托人的名称。也就是把您公司的名称,以及您公司的地址、电话号码及联系人姓名填上。然后在这儿,请填上有关被调查公司的信息,包括名称、地址、银行名称以及账号。另外,在这儿,请注明您想采用的付款方式,比如,现金还是支票?您知道,对这种服务,您需要付费的。

A No problem.How about this item?

没问题。这一项是什么?

B This is about the type of the investigation you prefer,urgent or ordinary?

这是关于您想要的调查的类型,加急还是普通?

A Anything else?

还有别的吗?

B Yes.You also need to describe what information about that company you'd like to have.And don't forget to put the stamp of your company on it.

是的。关于这家公司您想得到哪些信息也需要填写清楚。另外,不要忘了把您公司的章盖上。

A I see.Thank you very much.

我明白了。非常感谢。

B You are welcome.

不客气。

(2)

A—Bank Clerk B—Customer

A Good morning,sir.What can I do for you?

早上好,先生。有什么需要帮忙的吗?

B Good morning.My client wants to have our banker's reference.

早上好。我们的客户想要我们银行的资信证明。

A OK,I know.First please fill out the application form.

好的,我知道了。请先填写这张申请表。

B Do I need to complete the whole form?

我要填写整张表吗?

A No,you just complete the top half of the form without

leaving any blanks.See that?Name of the applicant,the numberofyourbankaccount,reasonsforyour application,name and address of addressee,etc.You may choose to receive this certificate through mail or telegraph or you may go to our bank to pick it up.What you need to do is to tick the small boxes.

不,您只要填写这张申请表的上半部分,不要留任何空白。看到没有?申请人姓名、银行账号、证明用途、证明接收人姓名和地址等等。您可以选择通过邮件、电开接收证明或来我们银行自取。您要做的是在这些小框里打对号。

B I've completed the form at your request.Pleas take a look at it.

我已按要求填完申请表,请看一下。

A OK,let me see if there's anything improper.Oh,you forgot to fill in one blank:the application date.And you have to affix the stamp of your company.

好的,让我看看有没有不妥当的地方。哦,有个空,您忘了填了,申请日期。还得加盖你们公司的印章。

B Sorry,I forgot.I'll do it at once.Here it is.

对不起,我忘了。我马上填写。给您。

A Wait a moment please.OK,it's right.We will deduct money from your account for this service.Keep your receipt please and we'll phone you when it's ready.

请稍等。没问题。对于此项服务,我们将从您的账户扣除手续费。请保留您的回单。办好了我们会给您打电话。

B Thanks a lot.

谢谢。

Part II.Useful Sentences常用句子

1.Please provide us with a report on the reputation and financial status of this company.

请提供有关这家公司声誉及财务状况的报告。

2.Please supply confidentially up-to-date information of the firm including its capital composition and total assets.

请在保密的情况下提供包括资本构成和总资产在内的该公司的最新信息。

3.The information will be kept in strict confidence and without any responsibility on your part.

该信息将严格保密并且你方不负任何责任。

4.The reference they have given us is Barclays Bank PLC,London.Please contact it for all the information we require.

他们提供的资信证明人是伦敦巴克莱银行。请联系该行以获得我们所需的信息。

5.If necessary,we can provide first class reference.

如果有必要,我们可以提供最好的资信证明。

6.The ABC company has given us your name as reference.Please tell us whether they are of good repute.

ABC公司提供你方为资信备询人。请告诉我们,他们是否资信良好。

7.Any information that you may give us will be regarded as strictly confidential.

你们提供的任何信息我们都将严格保密。

8.Owing to their poor management,few of the suppliers will give them further credit.

因为他们经营不善,很少有公司跟他们继续合作。

9.We would like you to enquire into ABC's financial standing on our behalf.

我们希望您能代表我们公司对ABC公司的资信情况进行调查。

10.At present,they are doing an active business.

他们眼下生意兴隆。

11.The company you inquired about is now in a trouble—some lawsuit with ABC Co.

您咨询的公司目前有点麻烦——跟ABC公司打官司呢。

12.We have received from our correspondent bank the information you require.

我们已从代理行处收到你方所需的信息。

13.As far as we know,they are of sound financial standing.

据我们所知,他们的财务状况良好。

14.As to our credit standing,please refer to the Bank of China,Shandong Branch,which will undoubtedly give you satisfactory references.

关于我们的信用情况,请向中国银行山东省分行查询。该行一定会向您提供满意的资信证明。

Part III.New Words and Expressions单词和短语

to sign a contract跟某人签合同

leading banks著名银行

branch分支机构,分行

correspondent banks业务往来行

agent banks代理行

to be strictly confidential严格保密

responsibility责任

a certificate of entrustment委托书

name of the principal委托人姓名

name of the liaison person联系人姓名

A/C number(account number)账号

to specify详细说明,注明

mode of payment付款方式

cash现金

stamp图章,印鉴

banker's reference银行资信证明

to fill out the application form填写申请表

name of the applicant申请人姓名

addressee收信人,接收人

to tick打勾,打对号

at your request按您的要求

improper不合适的,不恰当的

to affix使附于,署名,粘贴

to deduct money from从……扣钱

receipt收据,回单

Part IV.Compose a conversation based on the following situation.情景会话

You're an exporter of cotton prints and you're going to conclude a deal with a new American customer.But you know nothing about the financial standing of your new friend.Then you go to your bank and ask a clerk to investigate the financial standing through their correspondent banks.