Unit2 Remittance 汇款
Part I.Sample Dialogue示范对话
In the following conversation,A tells B how to remit money to the seller.You should know the procedures on how to remit money to the foreign clients through banks.
在接下来对话当中,A告诉B如何给卖方汇款。你应当了解如何通过银行给国外客户汇款。
A—Bank Clerk B—Mr.Harrison
A Good afternoon,Mr.Harrison.Can I help you?
下午好,哈里逊先生。有什么事吗?
B Good afternoon.As we have just received a shipment from the U.S.A,we now wish to remit some money.Could you tell me what I should do?
下午好。我们刚刚收到从美国进口的一批货。现在我们想汇出一笔款项。请问我该怎么做?
A First of all,you need to present us with your sales contract and Import Customs Declaration Form.
首先,您需要向我们提供你们的销售合同和进口报关单。
B Yes.I have brought them with me.
是的。这些我带来了。
A OK.Then you should complete a form.This is Application for Funds Transfers Overseas.If you don't have a dollar account you have to fill in another form.That's Application for Purchase of Foreign Exchange.But if you have US dollars in your account,it's easier.
好的。然后您要填写一份表格,境外汇款申请书。如果您没有美元账户,您得再填写一份表格,购买外汇申请书。但如果您的账上存有美元,事情就简单些。
B Yes,we have US dollars.But we have only US$250 000 in our account and we want to remit US$300 000.
是的,我们账上存有美元。但我们的账上只有25万美元,我们想汇30万。
A So the balance in your account is not enough.Then you still have to fill in the Application.See,the name of the purchaser,that's the name of your company.The amount in purchase,your account number,commodity name,contract number,the reason for your purchase.For you,you may choose“import goods”.And for payment of the remittance,you choose“remittance”and then you can choose“paymentagainstdelivery”or“advance payment”.By the way,do you want to send the money by telegraphic transfer or by demand draft?
您账上余额不足,那您还是得填写购买外汇申请书。请看,购汇人(也就是您公司的名称)、购汇金额、帐号、商品名称、合同号、购汇用途。对您来说,您可以选择进口货物。至于付款方式,您选择“汇款”,然后再选“货到付款”或“预付货款”。顺便问一下,您想用电汇还是票汇?
B By telegraphic transfer.
电汇。
A Now please fill in this form,Mr.Harrison.Here's the remitter's name,you put your company's name here and here please write down the beneficiary's name,bank's name,address and account No.Then you sign your name and leave your telephone number.
哈里逊先生,现在请填写这张表格。这儿是汇款人的名称,您把您公司的名称填在这儿。受益人名称、银行名称、地址和账号填在这儿。然后签上您的名字,并留下您的电话号码。
B OK.
好的。
A How to pay the commission?
手续费怎么付?
B Our RMB balance is sufficient and you can take the money from it.
我们的人民币账户充足,请从账户扣款。
A So this is the total amount.Please write a check.
这是总金额。请开一张支票。
B OK.Here you are.
好的,给你。
A Wait a minute please.I have to check the signature.OK,that's right.
请稍等。我核对一下印鉴。好的,没问题。
B Thanks a lot.
谢谢。
Part II.Useful Sentences常用句子
1.Here is the receipt for the remittance.Please keep it well.
这是汇款收据。请妥善保管。
2.First we have to check the signature,and then make a transfer from your account.
首先,我们要核对印鉴,然后,从您的账户中转帐。
3.I have to check the list of our correspondent banks in the area and locate a convenient drawee bank.
我要查一查在那个地区的代理行名单,选一家方便的付款行。
4.Would you please find out if there is a money transfer for Mrs.Smith from Canada?
请查一查有没有一笔加拿大来的史密斯夫人的汇款?
5.Can you tell me when the amount was credited to my account?
请问何时将这笔款贷记我的账户的?
6.We haven't made the credit entry yet,because the account No.given in the payment order differs from yours.
我们还没有入账,因为付款通知中给的账号和您的账号不符。
7.You'd better ask the remitting bank to authorize us to credit your new account.
您最好请汇款行授权我们贷记您的新账户。
8.If your money is remitted through a bank with which we keep account relations,you could get the money much sooner.
如果是通过一家与我们有账户关系的银行汇款,您收到汇款的时间会快得多。
9.As for telegraphic transfer from the U.S.A.,it takes about one or two days to get here,as for mail transfer,more than a week.
如果是美国来的电汇,到这儿大约需要一两天,如果是信汇,要一周以上。
10.How much do you charge for sending a telegraphic transfer to London?
发一笔电汇到伦敦,你们收费多少?
11.You can take the form back and fill it.Please call me any time if you have any questions.
您可以把表格带回去填写。您遇到什么问题的话,请随时打电话给我。
12.For our long-term clients we only charge some direct fees like E-mail or fax fees.
对于我们长期客户,我们只收取一些直接费用,如电子邮件、传真费等。
13.Commonly called checking accounts,demand deposits are simply those funds left with the bank by firms or individuals for the convenience of making payments by the bank check process.
通常活期存款也叫支票账户存款,它主要是由公司或个人放在银行中的资金,以便在使用银行支票时付款之用。
14.Thank you very much for your support in these years.On behalf of our bank I hope we'll make even more pleasant cooperation and closer relationship.
感谢您这些年对我行的支持,祝我们今后合作愉快、关系密切。
Part III.New Words and Expressions单词和短语
to remit money to sb.给某人汇款
to present sb.with向某人提交
sales contract销售合同
Import Customs Declaration Form进口报关单
to complete a form填写表格
Application for Funds Transfers Overseas境外汇款申请书
to fill in a form填写表格
Application for Purchase of Foreign Exchange购买外汇申请书
balance余款,余额
purchaser购汇人
amount in purchase购汇金额
account number账号
commodity name商品名称
contract number合同号
payment of the remittance支付费用方式
payment against delivery货到付款
advance payment预付货款
telegraphic transfer电汇
demand draft票汇
remitter汇款人
beneficiary受益人
commission手续费
sufficient充足的
total amount总金额
check支票
to check the signature核对印鉴
Part IV.Compose a conversation based on the following situation.情景会话
You're an importer of palm oil and you have received a shipment from your foreign client.But you don't know how to remit the money to them.Then you go to your bank to consult the clerk about remittance.