Unit8 Insurance 保险
Part I.Sample Dialogue示范对话
In this conversation,A and B are talking about insurance.B explains to A the Ocean Marine Cargo Clause of People's Insurance Company of China.And they negotiate about the insurance for their particular article.You should know some basic information about insurance,and how to talk about coverage,insurance amount,etc.
在这一对话中,A与B在谈论保险的问题。B向A解释了中国人民保险公司的《海洋运输货物保险条款》。他们就本批货物的保险进行了谈判。你应该了解保险的基本知识,并学会如何谈判保险范围以及金额等等。
A Your quotation is on CIF basis.Then let's get down to insurance.
你们报的是CIF价。那么我们来谈谈保险的问题吧。
B We always insure our goods with the People's Insurance Company of China as per their Ocean Marine Cargo Clause(OMCC),Jan.1,1981 revision.
我们总是按照中国人民保险公司1981年1月1日修订的《海洋运输货物保险条款》向他们投保。
A I have to say that I know almost nothing about this clause.Can you give me a little explanation about it?
我得说我对这个条款了解得很少。您能不能解释一下?
B Of course.OMCC provides coverage of three basic risks,some additional risks and some special additional risks.The three basic risks are Free from Particular Average(F.P.A.),With Particular Average(W.P.A.)and All Risks(A.R.).
当然可以。《海洋运输货物保险条款》承保三种基本险、一些附加险和一些特殊附加险。这三种基本险是平安险、水渍险和一切险。
A What do they mean respectively?
它们都是什么意思?
B Well,roughly speaking,F.P.A.covers total loss resulting from both natural calamities and accidents,and partial loss caused by accidents.
大体上说,平安险包括自然灾害和意外事故造成的全部损失,以及意外事故造成的部分损失。
A What about W.P.A.?
水渍险呢?
B W.P.A.has a broader coverage,everything in F.P.A.plus partial loss caused by natural calamities.
水渍险范围广一些,除了平安险的范围外,还包括自然灾害引起的部分损失。
A And then All Risks?
那么一切险呢?
B All Risks means WPA plus additional risks,or extraneous risks,risks not incidental to transport by sea.
一切险就是水渍险加上附加险,附加险即不是由于海上运输本身的特性所带来的风险。
A I see.Now,for this particular article,what risks do you usually cover?
我明白了。那么我们这批货,你们通常投保什么险呢?
B We usually insure against All Risks for 110%of the invoice value.
我们通常按发票金额的110%投保一切险。
A Does All Risks include War Risk?
一切险也包括战争险吗?
B No.War Risk is a special additional risk,and it has to be arranged separately.
不。战争险是一种特殊附加险,必须单独投保。
A But judging from the recent situation in Afghanistan,I think War Risk should be covered.
但是从阿富汗目前的形势看,我认为应该投保战争险。
B We can certainly do this,but our CIF quotation doesn't include this risk,so it is subject to an additional premium.
我们当然可以做到,但我们的CIF报价没有包括这种险别,因此战争险要交额外保险费。
A Additional premium?That's not a problem.There's no harm in doing things on the safe side.
额外保险费?这没问题。做事保险一些总没坏处。
B Then we will cover War Risk for you.
这样我们就替你们投保战争险。
A Good.One more thing.What if I want a 130%coverage?
好的。还有一件事,如果我想按130%投保呢?
B You mean 130%of the invoice value?This can be done,but you will have to pay the extra premium too.
你是说发票金额的130%吗?可以,但也要交额外保险费。
A In this case I'd have 110%.
那我就保110%吧。
Part II.Useful Sentences常用句子
1.The buyers should cover insurance themselves.
保险由买方自行办理。
2.We will arrange insurance on your behalf.
我们可以为你们代办保险。
3.We shall take out insurance at this end under Open Policy.
我们将在我地办理预约投保。
4.Insurance is to be effected by the Sellers for 110%of the invoice value against All Risks and War Risk as per the relevant Ocean Marine Cargo Clause of the People's Insurance Company of China,dated Jan.1,1981.
保险由卖方按发票金额的110%办理,根据中国人民保险公司1981年1月1日起实行的《海洋运输货物保险条款》投保一切险和战争险。
5.We have covered the goods against WPA and TPND.
我们已为货物投保了水渍险和偷窃、提货不着险。
6.We shall insure the shipment for 10%above the invoice value.
该批船货我们将按发票金额的110%投保。
7.Please take out insurance on this lot for the invoice value plus 10%.
请按发票金额的110%为这批货投保。
8.Since the premium varies with the extent of insurance,extra premium is for buyer's account,should additional risks be covered.
因为保险费随着保险范围的不同而不同,如买方要求投保附加险,额外保险费应由买方负担。
9.The cargo is to be insured warehouse to warehouse.
这批货将实行仓至仓保险。
10.The cover is subject to a franchise of 5%.
该险别有5%的免赔率。
11.Please insure for us these products at invoice value plus 10%(at 110%of the invoice value).
请给我们这批货物在发票金额上加10%的保险(即发票金额为110%)。
12.We'd like to cover our ordered goods against WPA for 120%of the invoice value according to our usual practice.
我们要求根据实际对我们订购的货物按发票金额的120%投保水渍险。
13.These are not delicate goods that can be damaged on the voyage.FPA will be good enough.
不是精致的货物在航行中不易受损,所以平安险就足够了。
14.Our goods are very valuable,so I want insure against all risks.
我们的货物非常贵重,所以我要保所有险。
15.I'm afraid that WPA coverage is too narrow for a shipment of this nature.Please extend the coverage to include TPND.
恐怕这种运输条件仅有水渍险范围太窄,请另加盗窃、提货不着险。
16.Can you cover our goods against breakage?
您能保证我们的货物免于破损吗?
17.Please insure us against all risks$300 000 value of 5 000 sets of“Butterfly”sewing machines,sailing for New York.
请给我们到纽约的5 000套“蝴蝶”牌缝纫机按300 000美金投保一切险。
18.We shall shortly be making regular shipments of leather goods to Canada,and shall be glad if you will issue an all risks marine insurance policy for$70 000 to cover these shipments.
不久,我们将定期出口皮革制品到加拿大,请为这批货按70 000美金投保海运一切险。
19.Please give us the policy rates for FPA coverage and for WPA coverage.
请给我们关于平安险和水渍险的投保率方案。
20.I have some glassware to be shipped to Hong Kong.What risks should I cover?
我有批玻璃制品要运到香港,我要保什么险?
21.What is the insurance premium for these goods?
这些货要多少保险费?
22.What kind of insurance can you suggest for these goods? We don't want to take the risk of losing money because of under insurance.
能否建议一下这些货要投哪种保险?我们不愿有因未投保而受损失的风险。
23.I have a batch of glassware to be shipped in the fourth quarter,but I don't know what risks should be covered.I would like to know some details and your advice of course will be highly appreciated.
我有一批玻璃制品要在第四季度装运,但我不知道要保什么险,如能告诉我一些保险细节将不胜感谢。
24.If we insure against free from particular average,can you compensate us for all the losses if the ship sinks or bums,or get stuck?
如果我们投保平安险,在船只沉没、遗失或触礁情况下,你们能否赔偿我们所有损失吗?
25.We have insured the shipment for 130%of the invoice value,but the premium for the difference between 130% and 110%should be your account.
我们按合同金额的130%投保,但130%和110%之间的差额部分应由贵公司承担。
26.We can insure the porcelain vases on your behalf,but at a rather high premium and all the additional premium will be for your account.
我们可为贵方利益考虑就陶瓷花瓶投保,但保费太高,故所有额外的费用由贵公司承担。
Part III.New Words and Expressions单词和短语
quotation报价
CIF到岸价
get down to着手处理
insurance保险
People's Insurance Company of China中国人民保险公司
as per按照
Ocean Marine Cargo Clause《海洋运输货物保险条款》
revision修订稿
coverage保险
basic risk基本险别
additional risk附加险
special additional risk特殊附加险
Free from Particular Average(F.P.A.)平安险
With Particular Average(W.P.A.)水渍险
All Risks(A.R.)一切险
respectively分别地
roughly speaking大体上说
total loss全部损失
natural calamity自然灾害
partial loss部分损失
extraneous risk附加险
incidental作为自然结果的;伴随而来的
transport by sea海上运输
invoice value发票金额
War Risk战争险
Afghanistan阿富汗
be subject to受到,遭受
additional额外的
premium保险费
on the safe side保险地,稳妥地
on your behalf代表你方
at this end在我地
effect实行;实施
relevant相关的
TPND偷窃、提货不着险
shipment运输的货物
extent范围
cargo货物
warehouse to warehouse仓至仓
franchise免赔率
delicate易损的
breakage破损
sewing machine缝纫机
leather goods皮革品
marine海船的;货船的;海上贸易的
insurance policy保险单
glassware玻璃制品
batch批
compensate赔偿
sink沉没
bum遗失
get stuck触礁
porcelain vase陶瓷花瓶
Part IV.Compose a conversation based on the following situation.情景对话
You represent Laoshan Green Tea Company.Mr.Brown,an Australian buyer,has ordered 400 cases of green tea from you on a CIF basis.You are now discussing the insurance clause with him.Your dialogue will include:1)which insurance company to insure with,2)what risks to cover,and 3)the insurance amount.