Unit5 Packing 包装
Part I.Sample Dialogue示范对话
In this conversation,the buyer A and the seller B are discussing the packing.Special requirements are given about the inner and outer packing.They also mention the way to pack the goods.You should learn howto properly tell the others your requirements and the way for packing.
在这个对话里,买卖双方正在讨论包装问题。他们谈到了有关内外包装的具体要求和包装方法。你应该学会如何正确地向他人陈述包装的要求和包装方法。
A—Buyer B—Seller
A Can we discuss the packing today?Great importance should be placed on proper packing.
我们今天谈一谈包装,好吗?我们应该确保包装无误。
B Sure.We usually pack our shirts individually in polythene bags,ten dozen to one carton.
好的。我们的衬衣通常每件单独装一塑料袋,十打装一纸箱。
A Acceptable.But please pay attention to the design of the inner packing.It must be attractive and helpful to the sales.All the packages must be ready for window display.
好。但请注意内包装的设计,内包装应该显眼,便于销售,并且适于橱窗展示。
B Please don't worry.I know that attractive packing is important because it creates a good impression.All the bags are beautifully designed to come in line with the local market preference at your end.
没问题。我知道显眼的包装会给客户留下美好的印象。所有袋子都设计得很精美,符合你们市场的喜好。
A Have you got any samples here?I'd prefer to have a look.
这儿有没有样品?我想看一看。
B Here you are.
请看。
A It does look good.Especially the little swan.
确实漂亮。尤其是这个小天鹅。
B Thank you.We understand that your people regard swans as a symbol of good luck.
多谢。我们知道你们那儿的人把天鹅当成幸运物。
A Most of them do.But the background color should be a little lighter.
大多数人是的。但底色应该再淡一些。
B No problem.What do you think of our logo?
好。你觉得我们的标识怎么样?
A Very good.Maybe you should move it a little closer to the middle.
很好。再往中间靠一靠更好一些。
B Alright.Do you have anything to say about the outer packaging?
好。外包装如何?
A You mentioned cartons,didn't you?I'm afraid cartons are not strong enough.
你说的是纸箱吧?恐怕纸箱不够牢固。
B But we're only talking about shirts.They're not fragile goods.Besides,cartons are light and easy to handle.
但我们讲的是衬衣。衬衣不是易碎物品。而且纸箱轻便,容易搬运。
A Well,I just mean they're easily breakable.
我是说纸箱容易破裂。
B There's no need to worry.We can reinforce the cartons with straps.
这个不用担心。我们可以用条带加固。
A Look,these goods will have to go a long way before they arrive at our port.What if dampness gets into the packages?
但这些货物必须经过长途运输才能抵达我港。包装受潮怎么办?
B All the cartons are lined with plastic sheets,so they're absolutely water-proof,I can assure you.
所有纸箱都内衬塑料纸,我可以保证绝对防水。
A As I just said,it's a long-distance transportation.I really don't want to take any chances.
我刚才说过,货物要经过长途运输,我实在不想冒险。
B You need have no fears about that.Our way of packing has been widely accepted by other clients,and we have received no complaints whatsoever up to now.
您不用担心。我们的包装方式已经被其他客户广泛接受,目前为止还没有任何投诉。
A Well,I suppose there is no other choice.
好吧,看来只能这样了。
Part II.Useful Sentences常用句子
1.The packaging must be seaworthy and strong enough to stand rough handling.
包装必须适合海运,足够牢固,经得住粗野搬运。
2.The goods are to be packed in wooden cases containing 20 dozen each.
货物用木箱包装,每箱装20打。
3.Cement is to be packed in double kraft-paper bags,each containing 50 kilos.
水泥要用双层牛皮纸袋包装,每袋装50公斤。
4.Pens are packed in paper boxes,10 pieces to one box.
钢笔要用纸盒包装,每盒装10支。
5.The packing of this article features novel design and diversified styles.
这一产品的包装特点是设计新颖,形式多样。
6.The new packing of the porcelain is in Chinese national style and suitable for display in supermarkets.
陶瓷的包装具有中国特色,适合在超级市场上展销。
7.Each package should be marked“Fragile”.
每件包装上都要标明“易碎品”。
8.No name of country or trade mark is to appear on the outside containers.
外箱上不应出现国名和商标。
9.The cases are to be marked with our initials in a diamond as usual.
跟往常一样,箱子上要刷一菱形,内写我公司的首写字母。
10.Your packing must be improved.
你们的包装必须改善。
11.Our packing is strong and economical.
我们的包装不仅结实而且经济实惠。
12.This new packaging for our products appeals strongly to consumers.
客户对我们产品的新包装很感兴趣。
13.The tailor makes the man,the packing beautifies the goods.
正如人靠衣装,好的包装会为产品增色。
14.Please make sure that the goods are protected from moisture.
请保证货物不受潮。
15.All measurements of each case must not exceed 13m×1m×1m.
每只木箱的体积不应该超过13米×1米×1米。
Part III.New Words and Expressions单词和短语
packing包装
proper packing恰当包装
polythene bag塑料袋,聚乙烯袋
carton纸板箱
inner packing内包装
window display橱窗展示
to be in line with与……吻和,一致
symbol象征,标志
background(画等的)背景,底色
outer packing外包装
fragile易碎的
to be easy to handle便于搬运
breakable易碎的
to reinforce加固;使更结实
strap带,条,箍
dampness潮气
to be lined with内衬……
plastic sheet塑料薄膜
waterproof防水的
take a chance/chances冒风险
seaworthy适合海运的
rough handling野蛮搬运
craft-paper bag牛皮纸袋
novel design设计新颖
diversified style形式多样
porcelain瓷,瓷器
initials[复数](姓名或组织名称等的)首字母
measurement(量得的)尺寸
Part IV.Compose a conversation based on the following situation.情景对话
You sell Gongqing Tea(贡青茶)on behalf of Rizhao Gongqing Tea Corp.,Ltd.Now a businessman from the USA has ordered a total of$80 000 worth of tea.He is very careful about the way the tea is packed,and keeps asking you questions.He wants to make sure the tea is absolutely damp proof and seaworthy.You tell him what materials you use when packing the tea and the size of the cartons you use.