Unit3 Specifications 规格
Part I.Sample Dialogue示范对话
(1)
In this conversation,B introduces the specifications of shoes to his client A.You should knowhowtointroduce the specifications of products.
在这个对话当中,B向他的客户A介绍鞋的规格。你应当学会如何向客户介绍产品的规格。
A I know a bit about shoes and I can see quality in the shaping and stitching.
我对制鞋是了解一些的,从鞋样和针脚上,我定能看出质量的高低。
B We take pride in our craftsmanship.
我们为自己的工艺感到自豪。
A They seem to be mass produced by machines.
这些鞋看上去是用机器大批量生产的。
B We use machines for certain jobs,but they are mainly handmade.
某些工序是用机器制作的,但主要是手工制作的。
A Mm...The vamp material is superb.
噢,鞋的面料很不错。
B And durable as well.
而且也耐穿。
A Oh,durability is not too important nowadays,especially for women's shoes.It's a style conscious market.
噢,耐穿在当今时代已经不大重要了,尤其是女鞋。现在市场讲究式样翻新。
B Yes,we've noticed that.
是的,我们已经注意到了。
A Take this one for example.Our people may like the material it's made from,but they might not care for the style much.Some of your shoes are satisfactory to your domestic market,but they would need to be adapted for the export market or they wouldn't be acceptable.
就说这一种吧,我们那儿的人也许会喜欢这料子,但不会喜欢这式样。这些鞋,对你们国内市场来说是不错的,但是作为外销,就要有些改动,要不然,国外消费者不会接受的。
B We can produce shoes modeled after the fashions of different markets or according to buyers'samples.Look here,these shoes are for Canada.
我们能按不同市场的流行款式或客户来样,制作不同款式的鞋子。你看,这些鞋就是出口到加拿大的。
A Exquisite!If you can produce fashionable styles of such fine quality,your shoes will win great popularity in our market.
真精致啊!如果你们能生产品质这么优良,款式又新颖的鞋子,它们在我们市场上将会大受欢迎。
(They walk over to another shelf.)
(他们走到另一个阵列架。)
A Look at this pair of shoes.They are so beautiful and attractive.And the design is unique.
瞧这双鞋。如此漂亮诱人,且图案独特。
B They are entirely hand-made with wonderful workmanship.
完全是手工制作,工艺精湛。
A No wonder.How fascinating they look!They would be good novelties as Christmas gifts,I think.
难怪了。看上去真迷人。我想它们是圣诞节最佳的小礼品了。
B I admire your cultured taste.Actually,they are specially designed as specialty souvenirs.
我真钦佩您的艺术品位。说真的,它们还真是专门设计用来做特色小礼品的。
A Indeed,they are not bad.Do you do them in any other colors?
确实不错。还有其他颜色吗?
B Yes,there are dark blue,light grey and desert tan colors,all available in a full range of sizes.
有的,还有深蓝、浅灰、土黄——这些颜色尺码都齐全。
(2)
In this conversation,A introduces the specifications of tableware to his client B.You should know how to introduce the specifications of tableware.
在这个对话当中,A向他的客户B介绍餐具的规格。你应当学会如何向客户介绍餐具的规格。
A This is our showroom.
这是我们的展览室。
B Marvelous!You've got so many nice things here.I'm sure you get many overseas buyers.
太棒了。你们这儿有这么多好产品。我相信你们有很多国外客户。
A Yes,quite a few.They like to keep up-to-date,so we change the exhibits every month.
是的,有相当多。他们喜欢最新的产品,因此每个月我们更换展品。
B Really?...Oh,What is it?A tea set?
真的?哦,这是什么?一套茶具?
A That's a porcelain tea set.Maybe it's a little austere for foreign tastes.
这是一套陶瓷茶具。或许对外国客户品位来说,它有些简朴。
B I'm afraid it is.What would you say is the taste or trend now in mood for tableware?Tea and coffee sets,especially.
恐怕是的。你认为现在餐具流行的品位或趋势是什么?特别是茶具和咖啡具。
A I believe people's tastes change slightly from the simple to the baroque.
我认为人们的品位逐渐由淡雅转为华丽。
B Is that an indication that people have become tired of simple designs?
那意味着人们已经厌倦简洁的设计了吗?
A No,not at all.On the contrary,the simple will remain.
The odd or unusual usually last for a couple of years or so,then give way to something else.不是的。相反,简洁将会持续下去。古怪的或者不同寻常的一般持续一两年左右,然后就让位给其他的风格了。
B That's good for business,I guess.
我猜这对生意有利。
A It is.And this one is popular now.It looks nice,isn't it?
是的。这套目前正流行。看起来不错,是吧。
B Very nice.A dessert set:shallow cups,oval plate and saucer.Glass always takes a nice polish and looks nice under the lights.
很美。一套甜点餐具:浅底杯、椭圆形盘子、杯碟。玻璃上光很好,灯光下看起来很漂亮。
A Well,take some of these leaflets.Just a second,I'll get a set of samples for you.
这样吧,您先拿一些宣传单,过会儿,我拿套样品给您。
B Oh,that will be great.I'll take some back home for our distributors.
太好了。我会带回国给我们的经销商。
A No problem.
没问题。
Part II.Useful Sentences常用句子
1.Wehavenoideawhetherthisproductwithnew specifications will be marketable here.
我们不知道这种新规格的产品在这里是否有销路。
2.I'm afraid we'll have a hard time persuading our users to accept the new specification.
恐怕很难劝说我们的用户接受这个新规格的产品。
3.Thank you very much for the catalogues you sent to us,which we find very informative.
非常感谢你们寄来的产品目录,我们发现内容很丰富。
4.We have a rich assortment.All around here are some samples of new designs.
我们有很多花色品种,这里展出的都是新设计的样品。
5.For men's coats,we have four sizes,small,medium,large,and extra large.
男士外衣,我们有四种尺寸:小号、中号、大号和特大号。
6.We can arrange production to meet national characteristics and habitual tastes of different countries.
我们可以根据不同国家的民族特点和风俗习惯来安排生产。
7.We always keep an eye on customers'preference and make our products according to what our customers are likely to need,want and like.
我们总是密切注意客户的喜好,并根据客户的需求和爱好组织生产。
8.The designs and colors of our products will almost exactly match your needs.
我们产品的式样和颜色几乎完全符合你方的要求。
9.Your products should be all up to the samples.
你方产品必须与样品完全一致。
10.Please submit specifications,preferably with illustrations.
请告规格,最好附有图片说明。
11.This product presents the top craftsmanship.
这种产品代表了顶级的工艺水平。
12.You will get a 30%increasing production upon using this machine and also it allows one person to perform the task of three.
用这种机器,你们可提高30%的产量,并且可以降低2/3的人工成本。(或一个人可胜任以前3个人的工作)
13.This product will pay its own way in a year.
一年内这种产品将会展示自己的特色路线。
14.This kind of bicycle can be folded in half and is handy to carry around,especially useful during traveling and traffic jams.
这种自行车可以对折、手提,在旅游和交通堵塞时特别好用。
15.The maximum speed of this kind of variable speed bicycle is 30km/h.
这种变速自行车最快速度可达30公里/小时。
16.The hand bags we quoted are all made of the best leather and of various kinds and styles in order to meet the requirements of all walks of life in your country.
为了满足贵国各阶层人们的需求,我们报价的手提包全部是用最好的皮料制作的,并且品种繁多,样式新颖。
17.These machines have few breakdowns and easy to maintain because of their simple mechanical structure.
这些机器因为机械构造简单,细目分类极少,很容易维修。
18.Compared with other brands,this kind of tyre costs less per mile and wears much longer due to its topnotch rubber.
与其他品牌相比,这种轮胎因为是用最好的橡胶制作的,每英里磨损少,并且耐用。
19.This kind of tyre is characteristic of nonskid stop on wet road.
这种轮胎有在湿地有不打滑的特性。
20.This material has a durable and easy-to-clean surface.
这种材料经久耐用,并且表面易清洁。
21.Our silk garments are made of super pure silk and by traditional skills.
我们的绸制衣服是用上等的真丝加上传统的工艺制作而成。
22.As our typewriters are made of light and hard alloy they are both portable and endurable.
我们的打字机是由轻而坚固的合金制成的,所以它便于携带又很耐用。
Part III.New Words and Expressions单词和短语
shaping鞋样
stitching针脚
craftsmanship工艺,手艺
mass大批的
vamp material鞋面料
durable耐穿的
style款式
unique独特的
souvenirs礼品,纪念品
up-to-date最新的
porcelain瓷器
austere简朴的
tableware餐具
taste品位
odd奇怪的
dessert甜点
oval椭圆形的
leaflet宣传单
distributor分销商
informative内容丰富的
assortment花色品种
preference喜好
match符合
illustration图片说明
perform胜任
maintain维修
tyre轮胎
portable易携带的
Part IV.Compose a conversation based on the following situation.情景对话
You are a manufacturer of TV sets and can manufacture according to the customers'requirements.Mr.King,a new customer,after talking with you through the phone,comes to meet you for the first time to discuss the details of a transaction.He is in the market for one type of the TV sets but has special requirements for the specifications and the time of delivery.