Unit5 Visiting a Factory 参观工厂
Part I.Sample Dialogue示范对话
In this dialogue,your customer visits your factory.You make an introduction on different aspects of your factory.You should learn how to introduce your factory.
在这个对话当中,你的客户参观你的工厂,你介绍了你们工厂各方面的情况,你应当学会如何介绍工厂。
A—Manufacturer B—Customer
A Would you like to have a look around our factory?
请问您要不要到我们的工厂参观一下?
B Yes,we'd like to.Lead on,please.
好,请带路吧。
A Our factory covers an area of about 5 000 square meters.
我们的工厂占地约5 000平方米。
B Well,it's much larger than I expected.
比我预计的要大得多。
A We are in the office block now.That three-story building is exclusively used for R&D.
我们现在在办公区。那栋三层楼是专门用于研发的。
B How much do you spend on R&D every year?
你们每年用于研发的经费是多少?
A About 3%~4%of the gross sales.
大约是总销售额的3%~4%。
B That's great.And what's that building?
不错。那一栋楼房是什么呢?
A It's mainly for shipping and storage.This one on the left is for production.
那一栋楼主要用于储运。左边这一栋是生产用的。
B Can you show us your machines?
能不能给我们看一下你们的机器?
ALet's go there and I will show you our designing system and our machines.
到那边去,我给您演示一下我们的设计系统和机器。
B May I ask what your production capacity is?
你们的生产能力是多少?
A Our plant can turn out 5 000 units per month.
我们工厂月生产能力为5 000台。
B Where do you get raw materials?
你们的原材料从哪儿购进的?
A Mainly from Korea.The accessories are from home.
主要来自韩国。附件是国内的。
B Can you assure us of delivery on time?
你们能保证按时交货吗?
A No problem.Though we are heavily committed,all orders,including yours,will be made up before the end of this month.Our workers are working overtime to advance the delivery.
没问题。尽管我们的订单很多,但所有订单,包括你们的,都会在本月底前完成。我们的工人正在加班加点争取提前交货。
B Good.
好的。
Part II.Useful Sentences常用句子
1.You want to visit our manufacturing factory,don't you,Mr.Hill?
希尔先生,您想参观一下我们的工厂吗?
2.I'd appreciate it if you could arrange for me to visit your manufacturers.
如果您能安排我参观这家制造厂,那我太感谢了。
3.Let me introduce Mr.Wang,the Deputy Director of the factory.
让我介绍一下王先生。王先生是我们厂的副厂长。
4.On behalf of all our workers,I welcome you to our plant.
我代表我们全体工人欢迎你们来我厂。
5.Could you tell me how many workers you employ here?
您能告诉我这个厂有多少工人吗?
6.The factory has four workshops and a total of 600 workers and staff.
我们厂有四个车间,六百名职工。
7.Our plant employs a group of professional designers.
我们厂拥有一批专业的设计人员。
8.What is the total annual output of the factory?
贵厂年产量是多少?
9.We have four plants throughout China,and this one is the second biggest.Its annual output is approximately 24 000 tons.
我们在全国有四个工厂,这是第二大的,其年生产量约为24 000吨。
10.How many articles do you produce per shift?
每个轮班你们能生产多少件?
11.We've spent a great deal of money on equipment in this plant.
我们在本厂的设备上投下了大笔资金。
12.Shall I give you a general picture of our factory before we see the workshops?
在参观车间以前我是否可以先讲一讲我厂的概况?
13.Basically there are three parts to the plant:the supply area,the assembly area and the dispatch area.
厂区基本上分成三个部分:供货区、组装区和发货区。
14.Quality control is an essential factor,and that is why we have our own quality control department.
质量监督是一个至关重要的因素。我们的质监科就是为此而设立的。
15.We'd like you to give us your honest opinion including any suggestions you may have for improvements.
我们希望您能真诚地提出意见与建议,以便我们改进。
16.Our plant is located on the outskirts of Qingdao.
我们工厂位于青岛郊区。
17.Our factory was set up/established in 1990.
我们工厂创建于1990年。
18.Our products sell well both at home and abroad.
我们的产品畅销国内外。
19.May I show you our brochure?
请看一下我们的宣传册吧。
20.This is a computer-aided designing system.Let me turn it on.
这是电脑辅助设计系统。我来把它打开。
Part III.New Words and Expressions单词和短语
lead on引领,带路
cover an area占地面积
exclusively专门地
R&D(Research and Development)研发
gross总的,毛的
shipping装运
storage储存
production capacity生产能力
turn out结果是,证明是
raw material原材料
accessory附件
assure向……保证
delivery交货
to commit承诺
to advance提前
to manufacture生产,制造
manufacturer生产商,厂家
deputy副职,副手
on behalf of代表
output产量
shift轮班
assembly装配
dispatch发送,发运
outskirts郊外,郊区
Part IV.Compose a conversation based on the following situation.情景对话
You are now going to take Ms.Rossi,a customer of yours from Germany,to visit your factory.If everything turns out satisfactory,she will place a large order for your bedding products.You can introduce your factory in such aspects as production capacity,quality control,delivery time,etc.