1
商务英语900句
1.1.4 Unit4 At a Restaurant 在饭店

Unit4 At a Restaurant 在饭店

Part I.Sample Dialogue示范对话

In this conversation,Miss Wang invites Mr.Wilson to dinner together.They are having dinner at a Beijing restaurant.When dining,Miss Wang recommends some Chinese dishes to Mr.Wilson.You should know how to translate Chinese dishes into English.

在这个对话中,王小姐邀请威尔逊先生在一家北京餐馆共进晚餐。席间,王小姐为威尔逊先生介绍了一些中国菜。你应该学会如何恰当地将中国菜名翻译成英语。

A—Miss Wang B—Mr.WilsonC—Waitress

A It's time for supper,Mr.Wilson.Shall we have dinner together this evening?

到晚饭时间了,威尔逊先生,我们共进晚餐好吗?

B That's very kind of you,Miss Wang.

谢谢您,王小姐。

C Good evening.How many in your party?

晚上好!几位?

A Only two.But we want a private room.

就两位。我们想要一个单间。

C This way please.

这边请。

B Thank you.

谢谢。

(After A and B are seated)

(A和B坐下之后)

C Are you ready to order now?

现在可以点菜了吗?

A Let's have a look at the menu.Mr.Wilson,I wonder if you have any particular preferences?

我们先看一下菜单。威尔逊先生,不知您有什么特别的口味?

B I hear Chinese restaurants serve very good food.I only want to taste real Chinese food.

我听说中餐馆的饭菜非常好吃。我只想品尝一下真正的中国菜。

A Quite right.China is a country with a splendid catering culture.This is a Beijing restaurant,specializing in Beijing cuisine.I suggest we start with a plate of assorted cold dishes as an appetizer,then shrimps sautéed with green peas and Beijing duck.Let's have toffee apples for dessert.

没错,中国是个饮食文化非常丰富的国家。这是一家北京餐馆,专做京菜。我建议咱们先来盘拌凉菜开胃,然后是青豆虾仁和北京烤鸭,甜食嘛就来拔丝苹果。

B That sounds fabulous!Let's have that.

听起来太神了。咱们就点这个。

A This is one of my favorite restaurants.Would you like to try some Chinese drinks?

这是我最喜欢的饭店之一。要不要尝点中国酒?

B Yes,I'd love to.I've heard Maotai Spirit is very popular in China.Could we try some?

好的。我听说茅台酒在中国很受欢迎。咱们尝一下好吗?

A Yes,of course.Maotai is the best Chinese liquor.It would be a pity if you left without tasting it.

当然可以。茅台是中国最好的酒。你要是不品尝一下就走,那将是一大憾事。

Part II.Useful Sentences常用句子

1.Do you have separate rooms?

您有单间吗?

2.What are the features of your restaurant?

您饭店的特色是什么?

3.What do you have for a set meal?

套餐都有什么?

4.Show me your menu,please.

请让我看一下你们的菜单。

5.We've got a reservation for dinner this evening.I'm John Hanks.

我们预定了今晚的桌子。我叫约翰·汉克斯。

6.Could you recommend your specialities?

请向我们推荐一下你们的特色菜,好吗?

7.What seasonal seafood do you have today?

今天你们有什么时令海鲜?

8.How would you like it cooked?

您喜欢什么火候的?

9.Would you like tea or coffee?

你喜欢喝茶还是咖啡?

10.Please bring some mineral water.

请拿些矿泉水来。

11.What kind of dressing would you like on your salad?

您的沙拉要什么调味汁?

12.Abalone slices with oyster sauce is the best of our kitchen.

蚝油鲍鱼片是我们厨房最拿手的好菜。

13.I'd like/I'd prefer/I'll have/I'll order/I'll take a chicken curry.

我想点一份咖喱鸡。

14.Don't stand on ceremony.Please help yourself to the dishes.

不要客气。请随便吃菜。

15.I'll take a little more.It's tasty,but I'm almost full.

我再来一点。太好吃了,但我快饱了。

16.It's on me tonight./It's my treat tonight.

今晚我请客。

17.Make it Dutch./Let's go Dutch.

各付各的。

18.We'd like to have separate checks.

我们想分别付账。

Part III.New Words and Expressions单词和短语

to have dinner with sb.与某人共进晚餐

a private/separate room单间

to order点餐,点菜

preference偏爱,偏爱的东西

serve供应,提供

specialize in以……为专长

appetizer开胃品

assorted cold dish杂拌凉菜

shrimps sautéed with green peas青豆虾仁

B eijing duck北京烤鸭

toffee apple拔丝苹果

dessert(作为正餐最后一道的)甜点

try尝试

service counter服务台

reservation预定

recommend推荐

speciality专长,特长

dressing调料

Part IV.Compose a conversation based on the following situation.情景对话

You are treating the American businessman,Mr.Smith,at a Chinese restaurant.You make the order.Please remember to ask about your friend's preferences for drinks and food.