v. 发出嗡嗡声
v. 〔蜜蜂等〕嗡嗡地飞;团团转;迅速流传
v. 〔人群或某处〕闹哄哄,喧闹
v. 按蜂鸣器呼叫
v. 〔头脑〕充满想法
n. 嗡嗡声,蜂鸣声
n. 闹哄哄;喧闹
n. 兴奋之感;喜悦心情;〔喝酒或吸毒产生的〕快感
Because of their smaller size, most keep hours that allow people to enjoy themselves, then have some quiet after midnight, as opposed to large major cities like New York, where the buzz of activity is ongoing.
大城市持续不断的喧嚣
Bees were buzzing around the picnic tables. 蜜蜂在野餐桌旁边嗡嗡地飞来飞去。
Pamela buzzed around checking that everything was ready.
帕梅拉忙得团团转,确保一切准备就绪。
There were all sorts of rumours buzzing through the office. 办公室里流传着各种谣言。
The guard buzzed me through the gate.
警卫按蜂鸣器开门让我进去。
My mind was buzzing with new ideas.
我满脑子都是新主意。
I’ve finished everything, so I’ll buzz off now. 事情我都做完了,现在要走了。
Playing well gives me a buzz.
球打得好我就开心。
My ears were buzzing. 我耳鸣了。
New York buzzes from dawn to dusk.
纽约从早到晚都熙熙攘攘的。
BrE /bʌz/
NAmE /bʌz/