![]()
▲Tip:
1. When we go to a movie theater, there will be no talking.
懂得如何文明地观看电影,从而使很多人看电影的经历成为一种更加愉快的享受,这也是尊重别人。
2. To all of you in this class :
To be the best of yourself
做最好的自己
If you can't be a pine on the top of the hill,
如果你不能成为山巅的一棵劲松,
Be a scrub in the valley---but be
那就做山谷里的一棵小矮树吧---但务必
The best little scrub by the side of the rill;
要做溪流边最棒的一棵小树;
Be a bush if you can't be a tree.
如果你当不了一棵树那就做一丛灌木吧,
If you can't be a bush be a bit of grass--
如果你当不成灌木还可以做小草--但务必
And some highway happier make.
要做路边那最快乐的一株小草。
If you can't be a muskie then just be a bass--
如果你不是大梭鱼那就做一尾鲈鱼吧,
But the liveliest bass in the lake!
但你一定要做湖里最活泼的小鲈鱼!
We can't all be captains, we've got to be crew,
我们不能都做船长,我们必须有人当船员,
There's something for all of us here,
每个人都要有自己的事儿,
There's big work to do, and there's lesser to do,
有的事情大,有的事情小,
And the task you must do is the near.
而你要完成的任务就近在咫尺。
If you can't be a highway then just be a trail,
如果你不能做一条大道那就做一条小径吧,
If you can't be the sun be a star;
如果你不能做太阳那就做星星吧;
It isn't by size that you win or you fail--
决定成败的不是你的大小--
Be the best of whatever you are!
而是做最好的自己!
注:
1) scrub [skrʌb]n. 矮树
2) rill[rɪl] n. 小溪
3) bush [bʊʃ] n. 灌木;矮树丛
4) muskie ['mʌskɪ] n.梭鱼
5) bass [beɪs] n.鲈鱼
6) trail [treɪl] n.小径
�Warm-up:
Directions: Work in pairs and exchange ideas with your partner.
Which organization has been awarding the Academy Awards or Oscars annually since 1929?

Key:
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences = AMPAS
美国电影艺术与科学学院

